Happy Friday! It has been a long week and it’s going to be an even longer weekend for me. I am working this weekend in an effort to help me on my debt free journey. As usual Alabama has decided it wants to have some winter weather after all the nice weather we’ve been having lately. As result, I want to start collecting more winter staple pieces, ones that will last me for years to come. I made sure to catch them on sale, I love to save money and one way is to keep an eye out for great end of season sale.
While winter is not over yet, there are still sales going on and many stores are anxious to move out winter merchandise to make room for new spring products. I gathered some tips on how to shop end of season sales, to maximize your savings!
END OF SEASON SHOPPING TIPS:
- Make sure you have a budget- This will ensure you only get pieces you love and won’t have buyer’s remorse later.
- Know what you need- Just because it’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it. End-of season sale can be overwhelming if you don’t have an idea of what you actually need.
- Look for timeless trends- Instead of snapping up last season’s It bag, signature shoes, or distinctive print, comb the sale racks for more timeless pieces you can wear for many seasons to come.
- Comparison shopping- ensure you do your homework and look around at different retailers that carry the brands you are looking for. Visit their websites regularly to compare and find the best deal.
- Price adjustments- The trick to snagging the best pieces is to buy a few days before the sale starts, when the most-wanted items are still in stock. Once the sale starts and the prices are lowered, contact the store for a price adjustment.
Here are some of the items I picked up on sale using these tips. I really wanted a good parka or heavy coat to wear in the winter. Once I start traveling to other states or counties during the winter month I would need a good coat. While searching I found the perfect Parka by Guess it has a faux fur hood and it can be belted at the waist. I thought it was an amazing deal priced at $66.07, originally priced at $280.00.
It is super cold a freezing 30 degrees, so under the parka I wore an oversized cream sweater. I purchased this heavy weight sweater from Zoe’s in Forest Park as consignment shop here in Birmingham. I love it because it is super comfy and it has pockets, always a plus in my book!
For a more casual Friday vibe, I paired it with my favorite jeans the DKNY Soho Skinnies. The fit amazing and I need a pair in every color.
Last, but surely not least are these Marc Fisher Escape over the knee boots. I got these on a great deal as well, for $47.86, originally priced at $169.00. They are still on sale so hurry they won’t last long.