Happy Monday! The start of this new week is exciting for me. I will get to see how my 1st month of budgeting went and I will be celebrating my friend’s birthday in New Orleans this weekend. The only problem I am having is this crazy bipolar weather. Am I the only one who doesn’t know what to wear. Although I check the weather each morning I just can’t seems to wear the right amount of clothing. Therefore, I’ve been layering my outfits more lately.
Since, the weather is cooler in the mornings and warmer in the afternoons, layering has saved me. Layering is a great way to battle awkward, in-between weather. Here are some tips I learned about layering.
5 Tips on How to Layer
- Mix it up- Have fun with your layering by pairing funky colors, patterns and prints. Try to avoid patterns that are too similar, and keep at least one pretty simple (like stripes or polka dots). Then, balance the outfit with at least one solid-colored piece
- Three Pieces– Just taking the time to add one more layer to a basic outfit can make all the difference! Adding a printed top or sweater over a chambray or white button up shirt makes an outfit way more interesting rather than wearing each piece individually.
- Two for the price of one- Mix and match items in your closet to created a new layered outfit. For example take your favorite dress and throw cute sweater or jacket over it to create a new look. Two for One!
- Use textures- Monochromatic layering can be very flattering, but if you want to wear just one color, play with different textures to add visual interest. Check out my post on How To Wear Winter Whites, for an example.
- Wear a scarf-Accessorizing with a scarf is one of the best ways to stay warm and fashionable and they also allow you to have a little fun with your outfits. Scarves are great because they can make even the most simple of outfits look put-together and refined.
Dressing in layers can help you deal with the ever changing temperatures, so be ready for whatever nature throws your way. Always bring a sweater, cardigan, or light jacket, it is always easy to take off layers if you get hot. How do you feel about dressing in layers, will the tips help you put a chic layered outfit together? Leave a comment below!