Happy February 1st, tomorrow is my one month blogging anniversary and I have learned so much! I have actually connected with some amazing bloggers this month and looking forward to more connections and meetings in the future. Today we are talking about patterned pants. Many people love the idea and have even admired patterned pants, but never really knew how to style them. Many shoppers are intimidated by the idea of purchasing patterned pants. As a result some choose not to wear them. Being a fellow shopper I too was intimated by patterned pants.
One of my goals this year is to step out of my comfort zone. As a result of this new found confidence I have ventured into wearing my first pair of patterned pants. Furthermore, wearing pattern pants can be tricky. After researching how to style these pants, I have some tips for styling any type of patterned pant.
- If you’re pants have a bold print, it is always best to pick neutral colors to pair with them.
- You can pair them with a fitted blazer and heels to create a more structured look.
- Work with the color in the pants to help select a top color.
- If your pants are a neutral color, you can choose a top that is more bold in color to give your outfit a boost.
- For a more casual look pair your patterned pants with a graphic tee and wedge sneakers.
- To get a more edgy tough night time look pair you pants with a neutral shirt and a leather jacket.
- When in doubt pair you pants with a classic white shirt/tee or basic black, for chic look.
I found these pattern pants a my local thrift store for a great price. I thought how could I lose, even if I never wore them the price was to good pass up. Because I was weary about wearing them, I wore them on casual Friday. To my surprise I received a lot of complements on this outfit. I chose to wear the pants with basic black turtle neck and black boots.
In conclusion, I am more confident with wearing pattern pants and I’m looking into purchasing more. Maybe an outfit remix is in the future for these pants we shall see! Do you own a pair of printed pants, if so how do you style yours? Leave a comment below!