So I am newly divorced after being married for 14 years. Although I have spent several Valentine Days alone during that time, it is still hard. Looking back its makes me sad to remember those sad and lonely feelings I felt on that day. But don’t be like me, it is ok to take your time to grieve a lost love or remember a failed relationship, but don’t stay there you eventually have to move on.
You may be thinking Keoshia, yea, yea what is the damn point, LOL! Ok, Ok the point is embrace being single!! I have found soo much out about myself and gained new self-confidence by being alone. Sometimes being alone is what you need to focus on yourself and understand your flaws. This will help you work on self improvement. Now of course this is not a overnight process, but I am here to provide you with five tips for the single life on this Valentines Day! Apply these tips whether you are Newly single or a Veteran single.
- Be your own valentine– Use this day as a day to love yourself! Who says you have to wait on someone else to love you! Think about what makes you happy and practice doing little things for yourself everyday.
- Take yourself on a date-Who says you can treat yourself on Valentines day or any day for that matter? Who says you can’t buy yourself flowers or treat yourself to dinner and a movie?
- Have a girls night- Call all your single girlfriend and plan a great night out! You can get all dressed up and go to dinner and out dancing. See a comedy show or even a girls night sleepover. Just enjoy yourself and your friends on Valentine’s Day!
- Spend the day doing something you love- Go skiing, take a bike ride, go to your favorite coffee shop or get a massage. You can also stay in and Binge watch your favorites show or movies on Netflix. (Just no romantic movies, it may be a little too much)
- Remember things will change- This too shall past! Season of darkness come to us all, but remember that tomorrow is a brand new day.
So, those are my five tips for this Valentine’s Day. These tips will hopefully help you make it through this Valentines Day. If you are still having trouble with being single, remember there are 321 days left in the year and they are all about you and working on embracing being single.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Are you single if so how do you tackle Valentine’s Day? Leave a comment!