Happy Friday I am super exited to start my weekend early. Me and the girls are headed to New Orleans this morning! Let me tell you I had a hard time trying to figure what to wear. Traveling to a new city when the weather is hot and cold literally can be a challenge.
Tips for Packing
- Brainstorm-Write down outfit ideas for your trip in the days and weeks leading up to your trip. Use inspiration photos and fashion blogs to get fresh new ideas.
- Check the weather- make sure you check the weather. Use a weather app on you phone or accuweather is one of my favorite.
- Pack with layering in mind-when you are unsure of weather conditions where your going pack clothing that you can layer. This will make it easy for you to remove or add layers when the weather changes.
- Pack full outfits-To ensure that you don’t pack items you won’t use, try your outfits on first. This method is great because it is a huge space saver as you will only pack items you need.
- Reuse clothing– Try not to pack anything that can’t be worn twice, even on a short trip. Try to challenge yourself to re-wear some items more than once.
Because we’re traveling to New Orleans in late winter early spring layering will be a must for me, since the days can be quite warm and nights not so much. The weather does tend to change frequently, so I will be prepared for shifts in temperature and local conditions. Along with that I’ll be bringing comfortable walking shoes, as we will be walking alot.