Welcome to Self-Care Sunday! In this addition we are going to discuss face masks. Face mask are a kind of skin care product that is applied to your face. It is considered one of the easiest ways to get healthy and supple skin within a few minutes. Because face masks are designed for different skin and age types, it is highly recommended as a part of your skin care routine. If you care anything about your skin, then you have probably used a face mask or two, lol.
With the variety of facial masks available, no matter which type you choose keep in mind that it will hugely benefit your skin. It takes only a few minutes to apply, wait 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off, easy enough right! So why lets get into the benefits:
5 Benefits of Using a Face Mask
- Shrink pores and treat acne: Face mask can help to shrink pores and clear up blackheads and acne. It deep cleanses and clears the pores of dead skin cells and the oily substances that can clog them.
- Increases hydration: Face mask can also bring moisture and hydration to dry and dehydrated skin types. These types of mask penetrate deep into the skin to soften and enhance its elasticity. Resulting in a more youthful appearance to the skin. When the skin is hydrated and well moisturized, it is easier to apply makeup.
- Reduces fine lines: Regular use of face masks can reduce the signs of aging. Things like fine lines, wrinkles, and brown spots will improve with each use. This will give you a softer and smoother skin texture.
- Creates even skin tone: Face masks increases the oxygen content of the skin which aids in decreasing hyper-pigmentation and give you more even skin tone and texture.
- Firmer skin: Loose skin can make your look older than your age. This can be easily solved with regular use of face masks. Certain types of face masks are designed to enhance collagen production and fight damage which will gradually result in firmer, tighter, fresher looking skin.
My 3 Favorite Face Mask
Of course I am not going to leave you with just the benefits with out sharing my favorite face mask! I have three awesome mask, that I use in my skin care rotation.
Glacial Marine Mud Mask
Let start with the Epoch Glacial Marine Mud, this mask is a little on the expensive side for me, but so worth it! A little goes a long way and had lasted me for almost a year! This mask is made of mud rich in minerals and natural sea botanicals found in the remote glacial estuary in the Pacific Northwest! Fancy right, lol! This mask is smooth and highly absorbent, it gently and effectively removes dead cell and impurities. This mask leaves my skin softer and smoother, but also a little dryer, so follow-up with a great moisturizer. It is suggested to use this product 2-3 times weekly.
Mint Julep Masque
Next is the tried and true Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque! If you have not heard of this mask where have you been!? This is an amazing product for acne prone skin! While I don’t have acne prone skin, it does work amazing wonders when it’s that time of the month, if you know what I mean! I also use this as a spot treatment when I have just a pimple pop up here and there. This mask helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. It also states if you do not have acne prone skin, it is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension line on the face. This also dry you skin out as well, so do follow-up with a moisturizer as well. It is suggested to use this product 2-3 times weekly.
Moisture Renewing Gel Mask
Last but certainly not least, is Mary Kay Timewise Moisture Renewing Gel Mask, probably my favorite because it can be left on overnight! Hydrating and Moisturizing your skin it the best think you can do for it. I love using this mask especially in the winter when the air is drying to the skin. As I mentioned early, I love this mask because you can wear it over night to enhance the experience. After waking up my skin feels nourished, moisturized and hydrated. And the best thing it does all this while your sleep, amazing right!
What’s your favorite face masks